Do you tend to experience pain relief from massages, chiropractic, acupuncture, or physical therapy, but find that the relief is only temporary?
Or maybe the results don’t last as long as the practitioner may expect?
If yes, prolotherapy may be a great choice for you.
Prolotherapy can help with:
- Old and Recurring Injuries
- Chronic Muscle Pain, Soreness, and Stiffness
- Decreased Range of Motion
- Carpal Tunnel
- Joint and Ligament Sprains
- Rotator Cuff Injuries/Tears
- Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
- Back, Neck, and Shoulder Pain
- Chronic Headaches
- Car Accident Injuries
- Overuse/Underuse Injuries
- And more.
So, what is Prolotherapy?
Prolotherapy is a minimally invasive treatment, consisting of an injection or set of injections that stimulate the body’s own healing response. The injections trick the body into thinking that there is a new injury, and the response of your body can help to repair joints, increase function, and decrease pain.
Prolotherapy injections consist of a solution of sugar (dextrose), vitamins, and local anesthetic.
What is the Prolotherapy Process?
Every patient’s healing process is unique. However, the healing process is consistent between each patient and consists of 3 phases.
- Inflammation initiates the body’s healing response and calls your body’s healing brigade in. This can cause soreness and aches for 24-72 hours.
- Proliferation (where prolotherapy derives its name)
- Proliferation is a process in which the body makes new cells.
- Remodeling is when your body repairs and restores the function of the injured area.
What is the typical Prolotherapy Patient Experience?
After a prolotherapy treatment, most patients experience mild inflammation 24-48 hours, and soreness in the area for up to 3-7 days. Proliferation (new cell creation) then peaks between 7-14 days and a patient may experience some improvement, and also may be experiencing some soreness. After about 3 weeks, the body then begins remodeling (repairing and restoring function) that can produce a strong effect of improvement, peaking at 90 days and lasting for over 1 year.
Why choose Prolotherapy?
The goal of using prolotherapy is to increase your function, help the body work more efficiently, and the result is lasting pain relief.
If you have been in pain for quite some time, you are aware that the traditional approaches with pain medications and surgery may not be the best choice for you. Surgery may fail to correct the problem that is causing the pain. Pain medications only mask the symptoms and provide temporary relief.
If you think prolotherapy might help you, schedule a free consultation and physical exam.
Before any prolotherapy treatment, you need to be evaluated by a doctor. Schedule a free 15-minute consult with Dr. Jason Allen today by calling 520-887-4287.