Here at NatureMedica, we take a holistic approach to pain management. We focus on identifying and treating the underlying cause of the pain, rather than simply masking the symptoms with medication. Some of the modalities we use to treat pain, include:
- Regenerative Injections: We are able to utilize your own body’s healing power to repair and rebalance your body and resolve pain. Most pain is due to an imbalance or dysfunction; this restores function.
- Radial Shockwave Therapy: This can soften stiff tissues including muscles, ligaments, and tendons. It promotes new tissue growth and healing. Studies are showing that this therapy may also stimulate the patient’s production of healing stem cells.
- Herbal medicine: Herbs have been used for centuries to treat a variety of conditions, including pain. Your NatureMedica doctor may prescribe herbal supplements or teas to reduce inflammation, improve circulation, and relax muscles.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine practice that involves inserting thin needles into specific points on the body. Acupuncture has been shown to be effective for treating a variety of types of pain, including chronic headaches, back pain, and arthritis pain.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy can help to relax muscles, improve circulation, and reduce pain. We may recommend massage therapy as part of a comprehensive pain management plan.
- Nutritional counseling: We can help you to identify and correct any nutritional deficiencies that may be contributing to your pain. They may also recommend specific dietary changes to reduce inflammation and improve overall health.
- Lifestyle counseling: Your NatureMedica doctor can help you to identify and make lifestyle changes that may help to reduce your pain, such as getting regular exercise, managing stress, and getting enough sleep.
In addition to these modalities, we may also prescribe conventional medications, such as pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs. However, we typically use medications as a last resort, as we focus on using natural therapies whenever possible.
If you are considering seeing a naturopathic doctor for pain management, it is important to choose a licensed and qualified NMD.